Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help with a 2016 25 lsv raptor engine

i have a 2016 25 ft LSV. with a raptor engine  i was on the lake this week and the boat was running great out of no where the boat goes into limp mode. i went into the setting of the boat and it tells me Fuel pressure Data Valid but above normal range SPN;94 FM1;0  I replaced the fuel pressure sensor that did not fix the problem. i bought a expensive code reader and cleared the code. Again no luck!! The scanner shows the fuel  is 75 PSI at idle. i called several Malibu dealers for some help WHAT A WAST OF TIME all of them said bring it in and they will get to in 4 to 6 weeks. if anyone has experienced this problem could you please help.  

18 hours ago, TimBell said:

i have a 2016 25 ft LSV. with a raptor engine  i was on the lake this week and the boat was running great out of no where the boat goes into limp mode. i went into the setting of the boat and it tells me Fuel pressure Data Valid but above normal range SPN;94 FM1;0  I replaced the fuel pressure sensor that did not fix the problem. i bought a expensive code reader and cleared the code. Again no luck!! The scanner shows the fuel  is 75 PSI at idle. i called several Malibu dealers for some help WHAT A WAST OF TIME all of them said bring it in and they will get to in 4 to 6 weeks. if anyone has experienced this problem could you please help.  

Dealers are slammed this time of year, this year even worse because of the corona shutdown that everyone went through. a TON of them couldn't even work so they are doing their best to try to play catch up.

Most likely the fuel pump reglulator. Ive seen this code before.

Bad news, Malibu is still having trouble getting the pump/regulator combo ever since the recall last year. And the supplier is in China.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it fix was the fuel pressure regulator. Now the left surf gate is stuck and won’t retract. I have reset the system and calibrated the surf gates. Again with no luck!!!! I will have to limp the boat back to the ramp and get it on the trailer. Malibu boats needs to get there s*** together and get all these problems fixed. I am done with Malibu boats this boat is for sale. I know all the dealers are busy but when you pay 200000.00 for a boat it should work flawless 

5 hours ago, TimBell said:

Got it fix was the fuel pressure regulator. Now the left surf gate is stuck and won’t retract. I have reset the system and calibrated the surf gates. Again with no luck!!!! I will have to limp the boat back to the ramp and get it on the trailer. Malibu boats needs to get there s*** together and get all these problems fixed. I am done with Malibu boats this boat is for sale. I know all the dealers are busy but when you pay 200000.00 for a boat it should work flawless 

Well Tim, I guess there is really no point in anyone trying to offer you any more help.  Best of luck to you.  FIY, I have never seen any boat, regardless of brand, that was completely trouble free in the 28 years I have worked on them professionally. 

NASA spent $209 billion on 135 shuttle missions and had many issues with them, including two times when mechanical failures caused the lost of the entire crew that killed 14 American astronauts.  No amount of money can ensure a problem free experience.

Maybe find another hobby, like needlepoint.

• Like 3

I can level with you to some degree we dropped $165K on our 23 LSV and it had several major problems within 10 hours. It’s running good now knock on wood. I know it can be frustrating but what I’ve learned with boating is patience is vital. My wife had custom key floats made “patience” see here lol 

44344AC2-C6DF-4C10-9A32-A1D827CF5D10.jpeg