Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 VLX shifting issue

I have an 08 wakesetter vlx, seems to be stuck in forward gear, when we go to neutral and reverse, boat will start in neutral but immediately after starting goes directly in to forward gear. 

Any ideas?

58 minutes ago, Laura said:

I have an 08 wakesetter vlx, seems to be stuck in forward gear, when we go to neutral and reverse, boat will start in neutral but immediately after starting goes directly in to forward gear. 

Any ideas?

does it have the old shifter with the button so you can increase rpm while in neutral?

Disconnect the wiring harnesses from the shift solenoids on the transmission and then see if it stays in neutral.

If yes then your throttle control has a problem

If no then your forward shift solenoid is jammed internally

2 hours ago, Laura said:

Any ideas?

This controller, correct?

Capture.JPG.008bf1bec9d2639b9996a1dc9b08ad11.JPG

It does not have a push button to rev up while in neutral,

Thanks, no matter how you give it gas it goes forward in drive

Oldjeep, we disconnected wires and it was still in forward gear, so if it's solonoid issue where do we go from here? If somewhat mechanically inclined, what do we buy and can we replace? We saw info on manual shift, this is what the boat is doing without us kicking it in... If that helps any...

Thank you for the help

• 3 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 7:53 AM, Laura said:

Any ideas?

Hey Laura, did you figure out your issue? Im having the exact same issue !

UPDATE : I fixed it by changing out my shift solenoid assembly

part #3311199048

(ZF shift solenoid assembly)

Bakesonline Has a 

Indmar Transmission Electric Shift Valve Assy. Indmar V
part # SKU 885141 

bakes online shift assembly did not work for my 2008 Malibu vlx (indmar 350 ZF 45 iv electric transmission) 

I encourage everyone has a ZF transmission to contact 

Mike Vogt

from

Marine Transmissions
Marine Propulsion Systems

Harbor Marine Maintenance & Supply, Inc.
1032 W. Marine View Dr. Everett, Wa. 98201
Phone: 425-259-3285 ext. 103  

[email protected]  http://www.harbormarine.net/

boulder boats wanted $3195.40 yes you read it right ! For the shift solenoid assembly.!!!!!!

harbor marine sold one for retail $900 wholesale $500 sold one to me at a cheaper price the all 3 prices mentioned .. not going to mention my price so I don’t get mike in trouble. 

I wish everyone luck that comes across this post :))

Edited by Iroamllc
Fixed
  • 1 year later...