Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfgate malfunction

The port surfgate on my 2020 Axis A24 extended when we put the boat in the water this weekend. I could not get it to retract. I tried recalibrating  several times and cycling the batteries on and off. Recalibrating had no effect and each time I cycled the power the gate would retract for a second then extend. I could extend both gates by entering service mode, but then couldn’t get out of service mode without cycling the power which resulted in the port gate extending again. I trailered the boat, bled the actuator and pushed the gate in manually, but as soon as I turned power back on the gate extended.

On 6/7/2020 at 9:48 PM, Mcclintock247 said:

The port surfgate on my 2020 Axis A24 extended when we put the boat in the water this weekend. I could not get it to retract. I tried recalibrating  several times and cycling the batteries on and off. Recalibrating had no effect and each time I cycled the power the gate would retract for a second then extend. I could extend both gates by entering service mode, but then couldn’t get out of service mode without cycling the power which resulted in the port gate extending again. I trailered the boat, bled the actuator and pushed the gate in manually, but as soon as I turned power back on the gate extended.

after running calibrate and tgen SG service,  did you try just turning ignition to off position?

when i have a problem and after calibrate snd service if i dont just  turn off ignition the fault comes back on end of next pass, if i do it doesn't re-occur