Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim deck flip step hardware negatively impacts wake?

Kyson07

2020 23 MXZ with the flip step option on the swim deck. 
I have a rider who believes the mounting bracket and knob assembly for the flip step dragging in the water is creating a crease and some turbulence in the face of the wake, with some resultant foaminess at the crest. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks in advance 

There is a thread on this already with video on a 23LSV.  We have it and do not think it changes anything.  I am a novice level surfer (at best).

IMO, not even an expert would be able to notice a difference. In fact when the swim platform is down you can run around at near wake board speed and not notice a difference. 😬 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, wdr said:

IMO, not even an expert would be able to notice a difference. In fact when the swim platform is down you can run around at near wake board speed and not notice a difference. 😬 

Guilty of that as well!  I did notice something strange about how the boat was handling (I think it was pitch change more than anything.)  Brackets have no impact on my surf wave.

14 minutes ago, wdr said:

We forget to put ours up at least once every time out....  :whistle:

1 hour ago, Five Cent Worth said:

We forget to put ours up at least once every time out....  :whistle:

The wife can now rationalize the expense of the rear and front cameras for when she leaves the step down. 😁

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, wdr said:

The wife can now rationalize the expense of the rear and front cameras for when she leaves the step down. 😁

Do you use the front camera much?

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

Do you use the front camera much?

Never and other than the "Oh cool you have cameras" they are a totally worthless option in my opinion. I got vetoed on not getting the cameras. The wife wanted them as a resale feature. The rear one is typically used when we are surfing and prior to otherwise taking off to make sure the platform step is stowed.

34 minutes ago, wdr said:

Never and other than the "Oh cool you have cameras" they are a totally worthless option in my opinion. I got vetoed on not getting the cameras. The wife wanted them as a resale feature. The rear one is typically used when we are surfing and prior to otherwise taking off to make sure the platform step is stowed.

:)  I thought the front camera was a cool concept but couldn't figure out when id use it.. not that hard to see what is directly in front of you!    I went with the rear camera but the refresh rate is about 1-2 frames per second which makes it pretty worthless.  GoPro linked to my phone provides a much better view of what is going on back there (and for recording of course.)  

23 minutes ago, gregtay said:

I went with the rear camera but the refresh rate is about 1-2 frames per second which makes it pretty worthless.  

Mine is delayed slightly.  Not as much as 1-2 seconds, but there is a slight delay.  I am with others, we use it often.  Wouldn't have a boat without it after having it.

Stupid follow up question on the Cameras.  How do you get the rear camera to work while you have a surfer?  That seems useful but mine doesn't go on automatically.  It only goes on automatically when I'm in reverse (sometimes).....

On 6/11/2020 at 4:09 PM, cmargosi said:

ahhh, it doesn't just go on automatically, you have to activate it.  that makes sense.

Yea, go to the media on the banner and then turn on the rear camera.  It helps when towing a surfer.