Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Axis A24 model changes and delivery dates

Perch

Hi Team,

what are the changes for 2021 for the A24 and when would deliveries start?  Wondering if it’s worth waiting for In terms of significant design changes or is it just cosmetic tweaks?  

thanks much!

Perch

23 minutes ago, Perch said:

Hi Team,

what are the changes for 2021 for the A24 and when would deliveries start?  Wondering if it’s worth waiting for In terms of significant design changes or is it just cosmetic tweaks?  

thanks much!

Perch

No public details yet. If you ordered from your dealer today it should be a 2021 production slot and the dealer might have details on what (if anything) is new.

Boat sales are on 🔥 right now.  If you wait too long you won’t have a choice as all the 2020s will be gone and you’ll have to order a 2021.  The one thing you can be sure of is that the new ones will be more expensive.

Damn if that’s legit then the A24 has been redesigned to match the A20 and A22.  I just bought my 2020 A24 expecting that to not be the case.  Rolled the dice, apparently threw a 7 😕

13 minutes ago, gtoddh said:

Damn if that’s legit then the A24 has been redesigned to match the A20 and A22.  I just bought my 2020 A24 expecting that to not be the case.  Rolled the dice, apparently threw a 7 😕

You ended up with an amazing boat.. so I'd say you pulled Aces. There is always something new coming but a boat at your dock is far better than waiting for what's next.

Ha! I knew it!!! My dealer was saying no redesign until 2022 or 23. BS! Has me tempting the change to A24... dang that’s a great looking big boat! 

1 hour ago, gtoddh said:

You own one of the best wake boats on the market! Straight beast mode. It’s not worth waiting another summer. There’s always something else cooler coming down the pipe. 

Where do you ride? We hit up Falls Lake mostly. See you are in FV. 

8 hours ago, gregtay said:

You ended up with an amazing boat.. so I'd say you pulled Aces. There is always something new coming but a boat at your dock is far better than waiting for what's next.

7 hours ago, Raleigh said:

You own one of the best wake boats on the market! Straight beast mode. It’s not worth waiting another summer. There’s always something else cooler coming down the pipe. 

Where do you ride? We hit up Falls Lake mostly. See you are in FV. 

Thanks guys.  We had a '16 A20 and loved it but we outgrew it with 3 kids who are now older.  We upgraded to the A24 this spring.  We're very happy with it.  I was trying to decide if we should get the one our local dealer Inland had or wait a couple months and order a '21.  We were mistakenly informed that there wouldn't be any changes in '21.  It was also a matter of cost.  If the '21 wasn't going to have any significant changes then it didn't make sense to wait just to get a preferred color.  Plus the one we have is pretty decked out.  Had I built my own A24 I probably would have skimped here and there thinking about the bottom line.  For the one I got I didn't have a choice so I didn't sweat it at all.  That said had I known the '21 was going to be redesigned I might have waited.  But I do agree with you, I'd be chasing it forever if I was always waiting for the newest thing.

Yes we live in Fuquay and go to Harris pretty exclusively.  I can't stand Jordan and Falls is too far away.

Yea its mostly cosmetics. Biggest thing will be the speaker placement, the 19 and older has the speakers in the rear seats which was kind odd, and now there should be a speaker down by the foot of the driver next to the sub. 

35 minutes ago, gtoddh said:

Thanks guys.  We had a '16 A20 and loved it but we outgrew it with 3 kids who are now older.  We upgraded to the A24 this spring.  We're very happy with it.  I was trying to decide if we should get the one our local dealer Inland had or wait a couple months and order a '21.  We were mistakenly informed that there wouldn't be any changes in '21.  It was also a matter of cost.  If the '21 wasn't going to have any significant changes then it didn't make sense to wait just to get a preferred color.  Plus the one we have is pretty decked out.  Had I built my own A24 I probably would have skimped here and there thinking about the bottom line.  For the one I got I didn't have a choice so I didn't sweat it at all.  That said had I known the '21 was going to be redesigned I might have waited.  But I do agree with you, I'd be chasing it forever if I was always waiting for the newest thing.

Yes we live in Fuquay and go to Harris pretty exclusively.  I can't stand Jordan and Falls is too far away.

Well im sure you also paid much less for the 2020 being the time of year over a new 2021 

55 minutes ago, gtoddh said:

You made a good call. The hull and tech is all the same. You have the 17” prop too which is great. 

We have the same dealer and they were not aware of the changes but I had a hunch. I went the used route but was very close to pulling the trigger on a new build A24. Would have had way less options or been way more expensive. 

Harris is great. Love the layout. I’ll see you there at some point this year I am sure! 

21 hours ago, gregtay said:

Sorry to be ignorant, but someone share the major changes?  It looks like the bow is reshaped with more room, true and what else?

Hull and top deck will be identical. The seat backs and cushion layout is different. Speakers are no long in the back seats, speakers aren’t in the plastic panels but in the fiberglass now. 

On 6/7/2020 at 7:17 PM, agarabaghi said:

Photo shoot was this past week... I’m sure stuff will leak out soon 🙊

When they do these photo shoots, do they add extra weight (lead, etc) or do they just go with standard tanks plus plug n play?

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a 2021 A24 in person at the Lake Sammamish launch today. Navy blue flake and arctic white with the "tricked out" scheme like our boat. Beautiful boat. Darren from NW Inboards said it just came in this week.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, formerathlete said:

Saw a 2021 A24 in person at the Lake Sammamish launch today. Navy blue flake and arctic white with the "tricked out" scheme like our boat. Beautiful boat. Darren from NW Inboards said it just came in this week.

Can you post a pic?

1 hour ago, formerathlete said:

Stopped in at the shop today to pickup a couple things from Bakes and was shocked/stoked to see how little inventory he has. Must’ve been a great spring for him! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gtoddh said:

Can you post a pic?

I didn’t get a photo of it, unfortunately. I pulled into the lane next to it and at first thought it was a 2020 A22 because of the color scheme. When I got out of my truck to get my boat ready, I said hi to Darren, who was draining ballast while it sat on trailer in the water and I noticed the A24 logo on the window frame. Because of this thread, I immediately knew it had to be a 2021 because of the color scheme. I confirmed with Darren that it was indeed a 2021. He said it’s basically now a stretched A22 (or even an A20) and that’s how it looked. Looked sooo good with the navy blue flake and Arctic White. It popped in the sun. 

On 6/26/2020 at 9:19 PM, Pnwrider said:

Stopped in at the shop today to pickup a couple things from Bakes and was shocked/stoked to see how little inventory he has. Must’ve been a great spring for him! 

I think Darren sole everything he had! I had two friends walk in and each bought an Axis from Darren. So great to see the boats flying off the lot.

• Like 1