Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

sirus radio

darbytire

I added the small Sirius auto tuner a few months back, I was already a subscriber so I got a good deal.  It plugs into the Aux port on my Wetsounds EQ, works flawlessly.  You will have to figure out where to mount the antenna, and need an avail 12v receptacle.  I cant find a good pic, but I can shoot you one later if you want.  The only neg thing I can say is the sound quality is not near as good as streaming bluetooth, plus if your head unit is having issues with the aux input this might not work anyway. 

I've used Sirius in many cars, and it is installed in my Malibu. I am now Sirius Free. They play a LOT of games with pricing. You have to cancel every 6 months in order for them to give you any price that is reasonable. Finally, the music stations are OK, but a playlist downloaded to a USB drive and plugged into your AUX works great and is basically free.

I like Sirius. I’ve been a subscriber since 2004ish. I didn’t realize how repetitive their playlists are until I took a 12 hour drive last summer. It seems like it repeats every few hours and it wasn’t until a year ago that I started playing their pricing games. I’m currently on a 6 month all access plan for $40.  Is it worth almost $200/yr?  Probably not but it depends on you. I wish I would’ve just paid the $500 lifetime membership back in 2005. 

• Like 1

I like Sirius mainly for the nfl football. If you call and renew every 6 months you can get it for $5/month. It’s worth that for me. Probably wouldn’t pay much more than that. 

I have Sirius for two reasons:

Howard Stern

Keep wife happy in her car, as she doesn't want to mess with Bluetooth streaming from her phone and of course doesn't want to listen to Welfare Radio.

For music, I use Spotify.  Much better and super cheap if you share a family plan with 5 people.

Why not fix/replace the problem Rockford unit rather than trying to find a band-aid?