Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 T23 Odd Surf Gate Issues - Help Please!

Hello, I am a new member of the Malibu family. I purchased a 2016 T23 Axis and the surf gates did not work correctly. I took advice from this forum and other places on the web and I have done the following. Replaced the relay, I/O Module and Starboard actuator.  As far as I know all parts are new except the Port actuator unless I missed a part somewhere. Here is what I am seeing.

1.) Service mode - Both gates go out and stay out. They will not come back in. To get them back in I turn the boat off and back on. They will come back in, I will get the beep and error message. I press the button to stop the beep and they go back out and I get a beep and error message again and I press the button again and they come back in. 

2.) Calibration mode - Both gates go out but the actuators keep "whining" like they are trying to come back in. The "in" sound and "out" sound are distinctive. The "whining" it makes sounds like it is still trying to go out when they are both already out.  

When playing with service mode and calibration mode I will get the "surf gate lock" message. Once I get both gates back in and turn the boat off and back on the dash is reset the surf gate lock message is gone and the left and right indicators are back to normal. The surf gate switch will not activate the actuator but it does reflect on the dash which side is selected so the dash looks normal but the gates did not move. 

I notice a USB port behind the dash for diagnostics.  Is there a computer that needs to be swapped or reprogrammed? Software updated? I have seen an software update on the Axis 2017 and later but I don't see that option on my 2016. 

Any input/advice is much appreciate.

Thank you,