Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil change beep

I have a 2002 Malibu Sunsetter Indmar motor, is there a way to reset the oil change. I am getting a beep, after 1/2 hour went a couple weeks without it, water cooling system looks good boat running well just the beep. Someone suggested it needs a oil change? It could use one, for sure but can I reset the beep to stop it. It has oil so it’s not low.

thanks for any help

formulaben

Oil change has nothing to do with beeping, unless you didn't put enough oil in it...

BEEP CODES — the 4 maintenance items that can trigger the beeper are:

•  High engine water temperature (>203*)
  •  Low oil pressure (<6 PSI)
  •  High transmission temperature (>140?*)
  •  A diagnostics trouble code

Should beep on key up due to no oil pressure; this is normal.  After starting it shouldn't beep if all normal.  Does it beep immediately after start?  If so, it's probably the oil pressure switch to the ECM (not the sending unit to your dash gauge.)  If it beeps after 1/2 hour of use, then it's something else.  If water temps look good then I'd check the trans fluid.  When was it last checked for fluid?  When was it last changed? Check that your knock sensor is connected.

2r289lk.jpg

Edited by formulaben
  • Like 1