Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

00 malibu response lx wedge?

Scf0217

I've seen same boats as mine with the manual wedge. My malibu didnt come with the wedge or bracket. I recently found a power wedge setup from a newer vlx that I couldn't pass up. so question is is the transom strong enough for it.??

Edited by Scf0217
1 hour ago, Scf0217 said:

I've seen same boats as mine with the manual wedge. My malibu didnt come with the wedge or bracket. I recently found a power wedge setup from a newer vlx that I couldn't pass up. so question is is the transom strong enough for it.??

You may have to take a peek inside to answer that question.  My understanding is that they added extra transom thickness on boats with a wedge.  Maybe someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that a decent aluminum plate added inside would do the same thing, provided that you had plenty of area and you bonded it to the transom.  On a Response, you really don't want more than maybe a thousand pounds of force anyway, or you'll sink the thing.