Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Active Fault Code 65592

Took out my 2013 Wakesetter 247 out yesterday I was surfing when the warning alarm went off and the boat went into limp mode will not go over 10 mph.  Active fault codes states 65592 Mechanical system not responding. My research told me this was a misfire on cylinder #2 so I checked and swapped plugs, wires, coil, and injectors with no change is results.  Is there a way to read serial data on boats I see a OBD-M connector but cant find a scanner that will read the data.  Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  The local Malibu Dealer is booked out 3 weeks and wants to charge $175 just to connect and give me a diagnosis. My boat has the Monsoon 427 LS3 engine with 290 hours.  This is a really reliable Chevy engine with equivalent of 15,000 miles that has now had 6 synthetic oil changes I cant imagine any serious engine issues.  It does run smooth when it runs and doesn’t sound or feel like it has a misfire.  

• 2 weeks later...

I’m having a similar issue with my 2013 24MXZ. SPN: 65592 FMI: I have tried new plugs, switched coils and plugs wires, and injectors. Also switched the oxygen sensors from left to right. After that I got SPN:65592 FMI:31. Motor seems to be running strong but as far as I know it is still in limp mode.