Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Throwing a code-- SPN:441 FMI:15 BANK 1 HIGH MANIFOLD TEMPERATURE (STAGE 1)

So, my 2019 Malibu 23 LSV with 125hrs on it is throwing this code. 

BANK 1 HIGH MANIFOLD TEMPERATURE (STAGE 1)
SPN:441 FMI:15

2019_Malibu_23LSV_EngineCode.jpg

I believe there is a filter/screen somewhere on this water inlet that could be clogged with lake trash/debrii.  Where would I find that and what does it look like?  I was told it's on the rear starboard side.  I see what I believe to be the water inlet.  Large black/blue stripe hose with valve (which is open).  It appears to go up to an accessory mounted on the engine, I presume an impeller housing.  Though I'm not 100% sure that's what it is, it's covered up and I'd have to dig deeper.  Then the hose disappears under the engine.  Any idea where the screen is that I may need to clean out?

Here's what I can see in that rear starboard side:  

2019_Malibu_23LSV_FreshWaterInlet.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

So, nobody has cleaned their screen?  Or?

I can go dig into the boat, but man back before Facebook destroyed forums you used to be able to find some good info on them!  Was hoping this one was still keepin' on!  

29 minutes ago, FoundSoul9 said:

So, nobody has cleaned their screen?  Or?

I can go dig into the boat, but man back before Facebook destroyed forums you used to be able to find some good info on them!  Was hoping this one was still keepin' on!  

Lots of great info here.  The sea strainer is located near the cold water intake of the boat.  I'm not sure what motor you have but its normally accessible under the rear seat in the cockpit.  If you go to the resource section here under Malibu specifications you'll find manuals listed there, go to page 192 its all explained there.