Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for my First Boat

ocurtis

Hi All, I am new to the site and just registered. I am preparing to buy my first boat (been around them with my dad and uncle my whole life... Mastercraft, Natique, Nordic etc.) 

I live in San Diego and plan to keep this boat at Lake Havasu. I am considering the Malibu 24 LSV and the 23 LSV. I am open to anything 2006-2014 (budget is really $70k or below but prefer to be in the $50k range.) 

I was set on the 24 LSV but started researching the 23 and I like that it seems to be a faster boat with better MPG (nice for crusing across Havasu.) 

anyone on here have any input for me? looking to buy in July or August. I will travel anywhere in the west for the right boat!

Owen 

There isn't a 24 LSV. Do you mean 247 LSV or 24 MXZ?

The 23 LSV was better updated more recently and should hold its value better. The prop and engine in the model you choose will affect GPH. Don't overlook those, but the prop is an easy switch. 

Edited by Raleigh
3 hours ago, Raleigh said:

There isn't a 24 LSV. Do you mean 247 LSV or 24 MXZ?

The 23 LSV was better updated more recently and should hold its value better. The prop and engine in the model you choose will affect GPH. Don't overlook those, but the prop is an easy switch. 

yes, sorry the 247. I like all these boats. Is there a year where they made major improvements that I should try and stay after?