Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Jl Audio Amp and subwoofer

roonedoggie

My current and last 2 systems are basically Exile Audio. I have a JL Audio 12W6V3-D4 sub-woofer but want to have a dedicated amp. Thoughts on the JL Audio M600/1 Marine Subwoofer Amplifier. I can pick up a brand new one for $465.00. Interested in any other suggestions. the Javelin 5 channel amp (Exile) is not pushing the sub enough.  Thanks for any feedback.

Based on the 12W6 600 watt thermal rating the M600/1 would be a great match. The W6 is a slightly less sensitive subwoofer designed for greater excursion in a smaller enclosure. It can use all the power you can justify. Plus, the JL Audio power handling ratings have always been on the conservative side. So if not a budget-buster, I wouldn't hesitate to run a larger JL Audio strictly-regulated MHD750/1 as the best possible amplifier. Just another option.    

ROCKFORD FOSGATE PM1000X1BD PUNCH MARINE 1000 Watts MONO SUBWOOFER AMPLIFIER or ew Alpine PDX-1.600M Marine Boat mono subwoofer amplifier 600 watts RMS x 1

I have used Rockford/Punch in the past and have been happy.  Alpine has really good rating as well.  Bargain shopping. Thanks for the previous feedback.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:51 PM, David said:

So if not a budget-buster, I wouldn't hesitate to run a larger JL Audio strictly-regulated MHD750/1 as the best possible amplifier. 

The regulated amps are so nice in a boat running off battery power.  Well worth the upgrade to provide consistent power to the sub.