Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop for 2013 VLX

thomasgerk

What prop is everyone running on their VLX's?  Just picked up a 2013 that currently has an ACME 537 prop on it and i'm having some trouble keeping speed with ballast full surfing.  Any prop suggestions or tips would be appreciated.  

Check out Wakemakers prop selection tool.  They're recommending larger diameters and lower pitch. 

I'm running a 1235 at the moment.  No issues surfing but only 2 people in the boat.  My main prop is in the shop so I'm guessing it's a 2315.  For surfing that one is very good.  Full crew, stock ballast, and 550s in the lockers.  Nobody wakeboards with us.  Haven't done a lot of prop testing so take this with a grain of salt.

Edited by MNNewb

Also do some searches for threads on here plus or minus 2013-2015 and VLX.  Ton of information about choices upgrading from the 537, just keep in mind how heavy someone's boat is when they say what they like.  After reading I'm going to stick with my 1235 for a while.  We also pull skiers occasionally and that may be a better overall choice for me.