Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MLS Screen not working

I have a 2012 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. The first time I had it out this year I tried to access the MLS screen to start filling the ballast tanks. I can start the engines, turn on lights, turn on heater, bilge and blower. When I try to push the part on the screen “mls” to access the ballast screen to wont work.  Any ideas or suggestions? I called the dealer and they said a screen would be $3200. Hope I don’t have to replace the whole screen because everything else works. Thanks. 

Sounds like the dreaded screen delamination issue that plagues these screens. Mine failed similarly last year where some areas of the screen would work but others wouldn't. Not only is the cost going to be an issue but it's my understanding there's a supply problem right now as well and they are on backorder. 

Thanks for the reply guys. Really frustrating that everything else on the screen works except for the MLS area of it. I may try to get at it through the setup menu/setup outputs. Looks like I should still be able to turn the pumps on through there? 

Edited by Dkett

Not sure if this will help but I had a similar problem once and it was a voltage issue...not enough. First time out maybe your batteries are low?

Good luck.

16 minutes ago, Sride said:

Just curious, if customers fork over 3-4K for replacement parts has the manufacturer made any improvements in the replacement module?

There are reports of serial failures of these things and no real warranty which, frankly, astounds me. My fishfinders all have great warranty like up to two years.  No reason Malibu/Medallion should not warranty replacements for similar.  I guess the bow-to-stern warranty covers new ones, but at a minimum there should be longer warranty on such pricey electronics - or they should not use them.

There is a warranty. 30 days

$3200 better be the installed price. mine was $1600 plus installation a couple of years ago. vary easy to install but you will need a software update. The original screens are a when they will fail not if they will fail.