Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M240 Wave pics

Dfowkes

20 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

Awesome wave! All boats like lead..how much did you add? Am jealous of that water..🙂

There is no replacement for displacement 

Edited by Dfowkes
  • Like 2

The 25LSV makes a great wave. What made me jump to the M240 was all the new tech and LT4 motor. The M240 wave is just taller and longer. It’s dry weight is almost 1000 lbs heavier and the new surf gate fusion does produce a beautiful wave. Biggest difference is that I have to be going faster than the 25LSV. The 25 would start to build a nice wave at about 10.7 The M needs to be going over 11.1 before you see anything that you would want to surf. 

• Like 3

I also noticed the M240 likes to go 11+ before rewarding you with a nice clean wave. It does put out a very nice wave with plenty of push. 

Have you noticed that the supercharged engine seems to "self-regulate" itself when accelerating from a stop? With GPS set at 11.2 and pulling up a surfer, it doesnt matter how fast you manipulate the throttle, its like its programmed to only put out a certain amount of power from 0 - 11.2 or the set speed....it  feels like it takes a lot longer for the computer to get the boat at the set speed compared to other boats I have driven or had in past. Seems odd to me for an engine with that much available power. Was curious if you noticed the same thing?

1 hour ago, Infinitysurf said:

I also noticed the M240 likes to go 11+ before rewarding you with a nice clean wave. It does put out a very nice wave with plenty of push. 

Have you noticed that the supercharged engine seems to "self-regulate" itself when accelerating from a stop? With GPS set at 11.2 and pulling up a surfer, it doesnt matter how fast you manipulate the throttle, its like its programmed to only put out a certain amount of power from 0 - 11.2 or the set speed....it  feels like it takes a lot longer for the computer to get the boat at the set speed compared to other boats I have driven or had in past. Seems odd to me for an engine with that much available power. Was curious if you noticed the same thing?

I have not noticed that.  I tend to pull surfers up pretty slow. Next time I'm out on the water I will play around and see if that's the case.   

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

F4B03B8C-A42E-4081-B221-B15FF812B9C8.jpeg

How is your gray / black interior with the sun (I see you have wet suits on, though)?

20 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

How is your gray / black interior with the sun (I see you have wet suits on, though)?

That is the new cool touch vinyl.  It feels great and is much cooler to the touch than the regular vinyl.

• Like 1

Great pics thanks for sharing. 

Did you add any led? Did you use led bags and where did you place them? I know Massi Piffaretti but 400lbs in the rear. (that sounds funny) 

11 hours ago, Cipro said:

Great pics thanks for sharing. 

Did you add any led? Did you use led bags and where did you place them? I know Massi Piffaretti but 400lbs in the rear. (that sounds funny) 

@Dfowkes has told me this boat doesnt need lead.

• Like 2