Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mercruiser 350 5.7 Engine

I have a '93 Malibu Sunsetter Euro F3 that runs great once it is going but initial start when launching requires me to open it all the way up to start.  Everything I have seen points to the IAC but it does not appear that I have this on this engine.  When I was looking at the engine, there is one small metal wire that looks like it should be hooked on something but not exactly sure what.  Any ideas?

Image Link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j2EFsVf9PuljF54O1SHqJBAjITkyaz6U/view?usp=sharing

Also, on another note, about to replace the prop and considering the Acme 541 or 543 but my prop does not have any of the normal number on it that tell me specifically diameter and I can't find anything online.  Any recommendation on Prop or clarification of what the current prop is: 935D  and 109F.  

I have a '91 F3 and replaced the factory prop with an Acme 541 last season.  It made a noticeable performance gain and also runs much smoother.  There was a constant vibration with the factory prop that i didn't think much of until it was gone.   The old prop wasn't damaged or anything, just not well balanced apparently.

As for your starting issue, it sounds like you're not getting the choke to close and that disconnected linkage would explain why.  I'm not positive that is the choke linkage, but I would definitely pull up documentation on your carb and investigate what that linkage is.....is certainly should be attached to something.