Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ford Raptor 575 Roushcharged Engine Drain Points

ORMailbuboater

I have seen several topics showing drain points for the "other" Ford Raptor engines.  The 575 is different.  This year was my 2nd year getting the boat ready to go back in the water.  The dealer did the winterization last fall and nicely left all the Indmar Drain Plug Blue 1/2" Petcock in a bag.   I decided to take pictures this time since it was another frustrating time for me to figure out where all 5 of plugs go.   Next year memory will not be so hard with the pictures I hope.  

I am sharing this with any other 1% owners of the 575 with the location of the blue plugs.  The manual is next to useless.  Also if you have not already you need to install the 3 of 5 drain extension kit.  Mine is coming via Bakes Marine since it had not bee installed on 2016 and some 2017 Raptor motors.  (Indmar Cooler Drain Extension Kit for Ford Raptor SKU: 495950 $26.00) 

Indmar Roushcharged 575 top view.jpg

1 of 5 Crossover drain .jpg

2.0 of 5 V Drive Top View .jpg

2.1 of 5 V Drive Plug View.jpg

3 of 5 Transmission Cooler Drain Plug Location.jpg

5.1 of 5 Heat Exchanger Plug Location.jpg

4.0 of 5 top view under oil filter housing.jpg

4.1 of 5 Port side low point drain plug .jpg

5.0 of 5 Top View  Heat Exchanger Plug Location.jpg

Edited by ORMailbuboater
Change order of photos
  • Like 1

Question as I just picked up a 2016 M235 with this engine package. Are both of the overflow reservoirs on top of engine coolant? Is one for left side and one for right side? Just wondering as my reservoir on starboard side is empty and the manual is pathetic. Want to make sure it’s coolant. Thanks much

On 6/7/2020 at 6:50 PM, Birvine01 said:

Question as I just picked up a 2016 M235 with this engine package. Are both of the overflow reservoirs on top of engine coolant? Is one for left side and one for right side? Just wondering as my reservoir on starboard side is empty and the manual is pathetic. Want to make sure it’s coolant. Thanks much

Both reservoirs are for engine coolant.  One is a main coolant tank (Port Side) which should have coolant no lower than the min line.  The Starboard tank is overflow and only fill as the engine gets warmer.    Hope that answers your question.  Yes the manual does lack much when it comes to the 575 motor.