Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Neutral throttle button doesn't work

Has anyone experienced this? 2008 Malibu Sunsetter. The button on the throttle that gets pushed to go forward or reverse no longer needs to be pushed to go into either position. This means when pulling off the forward speed it is easy to slam into reverse on accident.  Have you experience this? The throttle is a ZF shifter. How did you fix it? Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/30/2020 at 8:00 AM, hunter77ah said:

Pictures? I had it happen on my 14.  I fixed it and can walk you through it if its the same.

I just saw your reply.  I don't know how to attach pictures.  I took some but I don't see a button that allows me to attach them?

On 11/30/2020 at 9:39 AM, oldjeep said:

There are a few threads about this.  Typically it is the little e clip that has popped off the long silver rod that the button actuates

What would I search for to find links about this. THank you

2 minutes ago, Lovetoski said:

What would I search for to find links about this. THank you

Here is one I just google searched "malibu ski command throttle clip"

The search on this site doesn't work that great

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

Fwiw my neutral button quit a couple weeks before the dead short that KOs all the livorsi ones.  I bought a new one then but I hear there’s a livorsi warranty work refurb somewhere in the neighborhood of $200.  I would definitely look into getting yours refurb’d if you have the time to send it in.

9 minutes ago, PNWoke said:

Fwiw my neutral button quit a couple weeks before the dead short that KOs all the livorsi ones.  I bought a new one then but I hear there’s a livorsi warranty work refurb somewhere in the neighborhood of $200.  I would definitely look into getting yours refurb’d if you have the time to send it in.

This thread is about the ski command throttles not livorsi