Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

09 MUX button stuck

On my 09 23lsv, the right MUX has a button that acts stuck. Physically it’s not as it still clicks. It constantly tries to put my wedge down, and I had to pull the wedge fuse so it wouldn’t constantly run. 

Reset them a few time by turning the battery switch to off overnight, but as soon as I turn the power back on the mux switches turn on and “wedge down” acts like it’s pressed. 

Any tips on what I could try, or do I need to buy a new mux switch for 350 bucks?

thanks

You could reprogram the MUX switch position to a different function to verify it is the MUX and not something with the wedge system. 

11 hours ago, BearCreekBum said:

You could reprogram the MUX switch position to a different function to verify it is the MUX and not something with the wedge system. 

No luck. I moved the power wedge options to the left mux and it all works fine. When I entered edit mode on the right mux, the stuck button went haywire and deleted everything on the right side. So definitely a stick button. I unplugged it and plugged it back in with no luck. 

anything else I can try or am I stuck buying a new mux unit?

46 minutes ago, djmodifyd said:

anything else I can try or am I stuck buying a new mux unit?

I'm out of ideas.

Looks like you are stuck buying a new mux unit and not sure if it is depends on right or left unit. I know the rear mux is a different part number.

After you get the new one send the old one to @justgary and let him see if he can fix for you to have a spare. He loves to take things apart.

21 hours ago, BearCreekBum said:

I'm out of ideas.

Looks like you are stuck buying a new mux unit and not sure if it is depends on right or left unit. I know the rear mux is a different part number.

After you get the new one send the old one to @justgary and let him see if he can fix for you to have a spare. He loves to take things apart.

thanks.  I ended up moving the buttons to the left MUX and just unplugging the right one for now.

• Like 1