Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter 23 LSV engine options

Uncleeddie

Looking at a 2005 23LSV but it has the 302 monsoon engine.  I thought they came stock with the 350?  Any advice?  The price is great but that engine doesn’t seem right.

Anyone having experience changing out monsoon with 383 and estimated cost?

Thanks!

Are you sure it is a 302? What leads you to think it is a 302?  Did you mean 320 as in Monsoon 320hp?

302 sounds like a ford block, 305 would be a Chevy, but this would be the first post of any such combo if you meant 302.

Edited by Bozboat

Just going off what owner said, but that’s what I thought was strange why that boat would have the Ford 302?

It should come stock with the 350 correct?

MalibuNation

I think you are hearing cubic inches vs horse power.  350 cubic inches.  There was a 320 hp Monsoon but it was upped to 340 hp in 2005.

You might want to look here then click the brochure link.

Also don't the Ford and Chevy motors turn different directions?

Thanks for the help guys.  You think the Monsoon is enough engine for a 23LSV fully loaded?

Maybe a prop upgrade?  We’re at 4000ft elevation any advice?

3 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

If he said 302 MONSOON, I think he meant 320 Monsoon.  FWIW, Nautiques used to use the 302 Windsor engine.  

There was a base motor below the Monsoon 340... I think it was the LCR 320 which is the same motor but lower HP and little order tech (still a solid motor.)  Send a photo of the motor and we can tell you which one it is.

4 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

If he said 302 MONSOON, I think he meant 320 Monsoon.  FWIW, Nautiques used to use the 302 Windsor engine.  

And no disrespect meant toward the 302 Windsor, just that I thought it was the 351 Windsor?

Edited by Bozboat