Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Marker One M27 taking on water

Picked up a lightly used 2015 M27. Took it out for a couple of hours today. Towards the end I could tell we were sitting really low in the water, so it seemed we must’ve taken in some water. It was a beautiful sunny day, so nothing entering from above. Also, before leaving the cover of the dock for the first time in like a week, I turned on the bilge pump and only got a little bit of water out.

Once I turned on the bilge pump after being out on the lake for awhile, it was pumping for quite some time. Eventually I opened the ski locker and noticed it had a good bit of water in there even though the pump had been working for a while. Troubling.

Here’s the thing that I wondered as a first time Tritoon owner. If I did repeated backing maneuvers just practicing handling the boat, and never had the bilge pump on, could I have pushed a good bit of water up into the center toon? Should the bilge pump be left on on this boat? It didn’t seem like it was shutting off automatically the first time I drove it, so I thought maybe for some reason it’s not automatic.

Anyway, looking for any feedback that might help me not be concerned that there’s something more structurally problematic going on.