Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shower water supply ?

RanchDad

Can anyone tell me the water supply for the hot and cold shower on a 2003 VLX ?  For some reason it stop spitting out water the other day and Im not sure why. Just thought to ask before I dive in?

Thanks

formulaben

I'm a year older LSV, but the cold comes from a Y fitting between the impeller pump and trans cooler.  The hot fitting comes from the starboard side knock sensor.  The hot side can get rusty, and it is raw unfiltered water so the fittings and nozzle may just be getting plugged up.  When I first did troubleshooting on mine I opened up the hoses and there was plenty of debris in both lines.

formulaben

Oh, and not sure if your pump is the same, but many of these pumps are the same as RV pumps in that they have a pressure sensor that turns the pump off at a certain pressure.  The RF water pumps will have an air reservoir so that it pressurizes and provides a fair amount of water before the pump has to cycle on again, so if that pressure switch fails the pump will never turn on.