Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chartplotter and Rear Camera install on older boats

holymoly10

I'd like to install a Garmin Echomap 6" screen (for depth and topography on unknown lakes)  and maybe install a rear facing camera (to watch tubers/wakeboarders, etc.) to my 2008 V-Ride.  On the other hand-- as I see it..there's not a lot of room above the dash to pull this off and i'm looking for a clean looking install.  Curious if anybody's done something similar and can post some pics, or also curious if I should just buy a spare ipad and see if I can get it to display a nav app (like Navionics) on one side of the screen and the video feed on the other side...

Also looking for opinions on a good quality cam to add

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

• 11 months later...

I am also planning on doing the same Garmin upgrade to the old girl this summer or winter.   I have a huge bimini top and at certain speeds you can't see behind the boat, so a rear facing camera would be nice.

If you do the upgrade make sure to post it!  I know this is an older post.  Just wanted to bring up the topic.