Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 VTX HELP PLEASE

Todd199

I read a lot about who does what and I still have questions  

current setup: all MLS full with added 400 in each locker prop 537.  Have a wake maker and wedge but is not working but have heard 50/50 weather it helps Need more power to get me up speed 10.8

issues:

wake big but way to close to platform: sometimes their touchy platform 

when I try to get up it does seem to have the power to get me up #205 pounds.  Kids have no problem.

if kids are up and I sit on sun pad lose speed until I move up front. So I’m afraid to add more weight in locker because it won’t plane.  We did try everyone up front for me no luck. Is my prop no good for getting me up. 

HELP!!!!!

For the power issue......It's you propeller. The Acme 537 that came with the boat doesn't do additional weight unless you have a large motor. An Acme 1273 or 1235 would be a good next step up for your configuration.

For the wave to be further back you need more front ballast to tip the boat forward....the people you moved up front probably didn't weigh enough.

ahopkins22LSV

I agree, first step is getting a prop to move the weight in your boat. You don't really know what your wave is until you get to speed. 1235 would be a good prop if you still want to ski. If skiing is no interest to you, there are even more aggressive options to go to, like the ACME 2315. Then you can really see what your wave is like and go from there.