Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

247 vs 25 LSV

Raleigh

Hey I searched around and surprisingly can’t find any comparison articles or threads that compare the 247 and the 25 LSV. Is there much of a difference between these two boats? The 247s sell for a lot less in the used market from the small sampling I could find so I’m curious. Trying to get a feel for what my boat may be worth in a few years. Also just curious if there is much of a difference in performance or wake/wave. 

They dropped the 247 after 2015 in lieu of the 25LSV for 2016, the hull is different on the 25. And it weighs about 1k more. 

The 25 is more of a surf machine than the 247 and the major differences come in the 2017+ models with the 2:1 transmission, 17in prop ( 2016 has a 15in prop) 

the price discrepancy probably has more to do with the discontinued model 247 and the 25 has seen increasing demand since it came out, with new boat prices steadily increasing year over year and used boat market prices have held up fairly well. 

post up the ones you are comparing for an apples to apples comparison of opinions 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll start

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Malibu-Wakesetter-25-LSV-SS-for-sale-Clermont-Florida-108980.aspx

2016 with G4, clamping racks, tower speakers, flake , surf pipe. It is Florida so maybe salt, but looks clean

this 24 is 3yrs older and close to the cheapest available, descent options but not loaded. 

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Malibu-Wakesetter-LSV-247-for-sale-Mesa-Arizona-108163.aspx

For the $$ here I’d pay the extra 12k and get a 3yr newer boat

the bigger jump in price is the 2017+ that still seems to hover at the 100k mark. 

Edited by Stevo

247 was an old hull that was designed way before surf gate was even a thought. 25 lsv hull was redesigned with surf gate in mind. Since most people today are looking to surf, you’re seeing a price premium that reflects that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1