Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Hiccup While Surfing

First post here Crew.  First of all, I’ve got a 03’ Wake 23LSV.  Original owner and this is gonna be our 18th Summer on Shasta!  
Issue is:  Surfing and get a power hiccup.  Drops from 11 mph to 5-8mph, slight shutter.  Immediately throttle down to neutral, get the typical Malibu “beep” as oil pressure gauge is all over the place bu no fault reading in the display.  Shut down and restart no problems.   Get back at it and Sometimes it repeats a few minutes later, sometimes not.   Check oil after cool down and it’s good to go. 
After reading a few posts, I’m thinking Oil Pressure Sensor?  

formulaben

What is your oil level?  Are you listing the boat to surf?  I'll see if I can find it, but somewhere there is a recommendation to run an extra quart of oil if you're surfing, especially if listed due to oil starvation.

Oil is at the “full” range (fourth dot on stick).  It was happening while surfing and listed to starboard side.  Is it possible being “maxed” could cause this?  Had pretty full boat and probably @ 80% ballast full, wedge down. 

Thanks for the response, BTW.  I’m not a “Motorhead” by any stretch of the imagination but confident I can dive in and figure things out if pointed in the right direction.   

Edited by NorCalDaggz