Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Navionics on 2020 23LSV

JBell

Was wondering if anybody know if Navionics Hotmaps Platinum lakes can be loaded onto a 2020 LSV? I searched this question and most the info I'm finding is that it isn't compatible and 2016 and earlier boats. Wondering if it is compatible on the new software?

3 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

May want to take a look at this post.

Short version, Navionics is not available on MY2020 yet.

I'm not asking about the navionics app. I'm wondering about the maps loaded to the boat from an SD card. 

Just now, JBell said:

I'm not asking about the navionics app. I'm wondering about the maps loaded to the boat from an SD card. 

The maps will not work without the app.

1 hour ago, JBell said:

Do the 2020s have the SD card slot like the pre 2020s? If they did i just missed it.

1 hour ago, G Spot said:

Do the 2020s have the SD card slot like the pre 2020s? If they did i just missed it.

I read that it was relocated on the 2019s. You access it through the storage space in front of the dash from the bow. I have not confirmed yet on my 2020 that they are there as well but I would assume it is like the 2019s

ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, JBell said:

I read that it was relocated on the 2019s. You access it through the storage space in front of the dash from the bow. I have not confirmed yet on my 2020 that they are there as well but I would assume it is like the 2019s

I wouldn’t assume that. The 2020 dash and OS is completely different than the 19. I’d listen to what @23LSVOwner is saying...

On 5/28/2020 at 5:00 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

I wouldn’t assume that. The 2020 dash and OS is completely different than the 19. I’d listen to what @23LSVOwner is saying...

Yup you guys are right. Digging around last night I found out you can get access to the control panel from under the dash. There is a place for a gps antenna but no SD card port like in previous models. So like  @23LSVOwner said looks like the only option for maps is for it to be app based.