Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Malibu VLX upgraded using factory pre wiring

Tommytee

Recently purchased an 08 VLX with a base level 4 speaker stereo. The tower is pre wired for speakers and it looks like pre wire plugs for an amp. by the batteries.  I am sure this is a topic somewhere on the forum so no need too start a new one if someone can point me in the right direction. I searched but did not find one.  Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes they pre-wire majority of them. I do not have bow speakers, but there are pre cut holes behind the vinyl & wires ran. 

If you just got the 08', are you sure that the PO didn't just pull the stereo and leaving the wires? I see your interest in pre-wiring,  but whats the specific question you are trying to get answered or help with? 

Thanks for the reply. My more specific question is since I have a factory stereo, but no amps, bow or rear seat speakers, and, Under the dash by the batteries there are red and white plug adapters, I am assuming those are part of the pre wire for the stereo or amp. If they are, I am looking for a diagram to install a amp, amps or speakers. If those plugs/Jack's are not part of the stereo what are they for. 

Edited by Tommytee
Spelling