Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge Dash Indicator

As of this spring, the dash indicator on our T22 is lit up even when the wedge is stowed. I looked yesterday and did see where the "sensor" makes contact with the wedge when it is raised. Anyone experience this issue? Is the fix typically a new sensor or does it simply need to be adjusted?

2 minutes ago, COOP said:

You can try and bend it to work again, but best option is just replace it.

Any idea what to expect on the cost of the part? I realize this may differ dealer by dealer. 

16 hours ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

Any idea what to expect on the cost of the part? I realize this may differ dealer by dealer. 

as @COOP said replace,  i thought mine was cheaper but mine was replaced 3-4 years ago.  i did the bend down thing and that worked fir a couple months snd tried it again ,  but bending down eventually allows water intrusion,  super simple replacement,  took me awhile to figure out the plug inside transom  to get the wire to release (push vs pull?? cant remember).  new part has been on boat for 4 years now with zero issues, i think it was the vintage of the production part having issues

Edited by granddaddy55

i actually noticed something odd with my 18 T23.  In the menu, there are 2 menu items that pertain to the wedge.  If i put my in auto (or manual...cant remember), i got the same results.  if i l left it as Power...the wedge indicator worked correctly.  I dont know what your year model setting options are, but its something to check before you buy anything.  it almost feels like the programming is reversed in the computer.

To test the switch, you should be able to use an ohm meter to check for continuity.  It should be a simple contact closure switch.

Edited by Texan32

I did notice the bolts while looking things over. I will try to adjust those and see if that does anything. If not, I will plan on replacing. Sounds like this is something I can easily do myself. Appreciate the feedback everyone!

On 5/28/2020 at 9:53 AM, Texan32 said:

i actually noticed something odd with my 18 T23.  In the menu, there are 2 menu items that pertain to the wedge.  If i put my in auto (or manual...cant remember), i got the same results.  if i l left it as Power...the wedge indicator worked correctly.  I dont know what your year model setting options are, but its something to check before you buy anything.  it almost feels like the programming is reversed in the computer.

To test the switch, you should be able to use an ohm meter to check for continuity.  It should be a simple contact closure switch.

this is for auto set wedge sensor on a ‘14, just a light wedge indicator and that blade switch in back,  no pw2, much simpler physical problem only

Edited by granddaddy55
21 hours ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

I did notice the bolts while looking things over. I will try to adjust those and see if that does anything. If not, I will plan on replacing. Sounds like this is something I can easily do myself. Appreciate the feedback everyone!

dont waste time unless your waiting for the part,  all the 14’s went bad