Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED strip install just below rub rail ???

FaithoverFear

Talk me out of this > . I want to add a LED strip light sticky tape kind on the underside of the rub rail above the swim step.

Just for the purpose of some light for early evening wake surfing. Now the question, I would need to drill a hole 1/8" through the rear hull  to

feed the wire through and tie it into the rear stern light. I have looked at other suggestions like the drain plug light but i was hoping for something

above the step. Drilling a small hole through the hull is giving me anxiety,  I am trying to  hide under the rail see blue arrow on the pics. Does

anybody know how thick it is right their I am guessing 3/4" to and 1" thick. I will dewax the area throughly. Will the sticky tape fall off with heat ?

LED strip is waterproof or that's what they say at least. One and done experiment,  I can see my wiring harnass wrapped around my prop, so wire quick disconnects

right inside the hull might solve that.  I saw this on the Malibu M240 Massi show Instagram.  Thoughts ?

651B6872-1717-40FC-A1C9-CDB66484619E.JPG

F7ECB35E-02C4-40A2-89B7-932D1E843C8D.JPG

Thanks asnowman,  Those look nice, maybe just 2 in the back above the swim step. A hole in the hull either way, any idea if the

thickness right their?

ahopkins22LSV

Sounds like a great, “Hey police officer, please come pull me over!” modification. Technically any light other than navigation lights are not allowed at night. 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Sounds like a great, “Hey police officer, please come pull me over!” modification. Technically any light other than navigation lights are not allowed at night. 

Hijack:

Back in my younger days while I was out snowmobiling with a group, stopping to fuel up, a buddy walks over to me and says "Everything about you just screams "pull me over"."  He was right, and I made some changes.  Including a faster sled.

Edited by Michigan boarder
  • Haha 2