Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What should the subwoofer sound like?

bkearney

Current boat (2018 22mxz) is my first with a real stereo. I noticed that I really dont hear anything from the subwoofer. I feel it vibrate a bit, but not alot.. even if hte subwoofer is up on the equilizer. What should it sound like?

22 hours ago, bkearney said:

Current boat (2018 22mxz) is my first with a real stereo. I noticed that I really dont hear anything from the subwoofer. I feel it vibrate a bit, but not alot.. even if hte subwoofer is up on the equilizer. What should it sound like?

Best way to hear what sub sounds like is turn the tower volume to zero, and turn interior up. Yes you have the sub volume 0-15 but I wouldn't really consider that volume. The sub is connected to the interior volume. I was always wondering why my sub sounded so week because I would keep interior volume very low and only adjust tower volume when wakeboarding.  I have a 17 22mxz and the sub sounds pretty darn good and yes I do have the latest and greatest tune for that amp from WS. Now when we ride I just keep everything the same and use the master volume. I do wish we had true sub volume control like you get with the WS ws420 3 zone EQ.

Edited by st22eve
1 hour ago, st22eve said:

Best way to hear what sub sounds like is turn the tower volume to zero, and turn interior up. Yes you have the sub volume 0-15 but I wouldn't really consider that volume. The sub is connected to the interior volume. I was always wondering why my sub sounded so week because I would keep interior volume very low and only adjust tower volume when wakeboarding.  I have a 17 22mxz and the sub sounds pretty darn good and yes I do have the latest and greatest tune for that amp from WS. Now when we ride I just keep everything the same and use the master volume. I do wish we had true sub volume control like you get with the WS ws420 3 zone EQ.

Thanks.. I will give it a whirl with the interior on to see if I hear anything.

My guess would be a bad wire somewhere...either an RCA signal cable or loose speaker wire from amp to speaker or a bad connection in speaker box. If you want to know if its really working download a bass mechanic 60HZ tone. Play the tone...50-60HX should be a sweet spot for the bass....

Edited by gary_tenison