Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weird Issue with Stop Start Button Not Working

Hey All,

I had a strange issue over the weekend with my 19 LSV, wondering if anyone has experienced or has any thoughts.  

My wife was at the helm and I was pulling up anchor.  She pushed the power button instead of the stop start button on accident when trying to start the boat.  When the power came back on, everything was working (accessories, screen, battery voltage was over 12.0 volts) but the start stop button did nothing.  It wouldn't start for a few minutes.  I tried the key and the boat still did nothing, although power to all accessories continued to work.  After about 2-3 minutes, hit the stop start button and she started right up...not sure if it was a computer glitch or something out of order.  Several subsequent stop starts (near shore just in case) yielded no further problems.

Anyone have any idea what might have gone wrong?  I also put an email into service, but I figured this is a great place to get answers....

We had a similar problem when we were trailering the other day and couldn't turn the boat off.  Had to pull the lanyard to get it to turn off.  We are heading in for the 10 hour service and the dealer says there is a software update available that should address that.  Maybe yours has one too?

My boat just came from service...but sure seems like a computer issue.  Will let you know what dealer says.  Would have hoped they did the software updates with all the service...

yes this has happened to me

super weird.

took it in for service they did a software update and it hasnt happened since

search threads if your interested in my issue

All common occasional occurrences. Shut down and reboot usually takes care of it. I was on a 2019 VLX yesterday that would not go over 3 MPH. Like throttle was disconnected. Shut down reboot and good to go. I have got used to it not that it should be exceptable but what you going to do?

I have had similar issues.  Stop to float for a while then go to start the engine again and nothing happens.  Cycle the battery switch off and then on, let everything boot up, and it works again.  It is very intermittent.  I put ten hours on the boat this weekend and it did not do it once.  Last weekend it did it probably six times.  I have noticed in the "diagnostics" screen that all modules are offline when this no-start thing happens but the weird thing is the sport dash (Grayhill Knob) still works with the radio although both show offline in the display.  It's a software bug.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, gahvey said:

We had a similar problem when we were trailering the other day and couldn't turn the boat off.  Had to pull the lanyard to get it to turn off.  We are heading in for the 10 hour service and the dealer says there is a software update available that should address that.  Maybe yours has one too?

FWIW - we had our service done and the update was supposed to have been installed (I didn't look at the version before we took it in so I don't know for sure), but either way the boat wasn't able to be turned off this weekend once.  Had to pull the lanyard to turn the engine off, didn't happen again after that.