Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu VLX 2016 Power Wedge Actuator Will Not Go Down

I'm having a hard time finding anything about the 2016 VLX power wedge actuator.  It stopped going down a few days ago.  I went into diag and it appears to have power going up but makes a dull noise trying to go down.  I've not done much troubleshooting (i.e. electrical, fuses, etc.) as of yet, but assuming at this point the actuator will need to be replaced.  Bakes has an OEM actuator and claims it replaces all models.  That said, I have one actuator, not two which is suggested on the Bakes website.  My question, where do I get a replacement actuator and has anyone else had this problem that might shed some light?  Thank you in advance for the support!

Mine has two and I was having the same problem.  Do the diagnosis by moving the fuse to see if you can get it to go down out of the water.  If not , I took mine down and it was full of water and destroyed on both sides ( 2006 wake setter so 14 years of use with no problems.). The seals had broken at the top let water in and corrosion. Not worth repairing.  I am installing new ones now from Bakes.  

ahopkins22LSV

2016 has one actuator. If the one you are looking at on Bakes site says to use two, it’s the wrong one. Is your boat still under warranty? Before I spend any money on it I’d have my dealer look at it. 

There should be a relay pack, called a six pack, that you may want to check out.  It is a bedded set of relays, 2 for the power wedge, 2 for the port surf gate, 2 for the starboard surf gate.  One relay controls up, one controls down for each actuator.