Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Stereo feed back

JNipper

Any one else having or had issues with feedback through the stereo when the boat is running? Sounds great when its off. With everything running through the computer it’s causing feedback.. I have been told the fix is to run a separate head unit. All wet sounds set up added. Same system on my last two Malibu’s had no issue but they were run through a Rockford head unit. 

ahopkins22LSV

What kind of feedback? On one source or all sources? There is a known “crickets” feedback issue on Bluetooth and there is a software update for it. 

If it is a constant feedback issue like a old TV static issue, it could be a bad ground, bad wire harness connect or bad amp. We just had the main amp replaced in our 2020 because we would get a constant static that wouldn’t go away unless the stereo was turned off. Was good all weekend though. had the dealer diagnose after I checked things that I could, like the grounds and connections at the amps. 

18 hours ago, JNipper said:

Any one else having or had issues with feedback through the stereo when the boat is running? Sounds great when its off. With everything running through the computer it’s causing feedback.. I have been told the fix is to run a separate head unit. All wet sounds set up added. Same system on my last two Malibu’s had no issue but they were run through a Rockford head unit. 

Added after the fact or from the factory?

On 5/26/2020 at 12:48 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

What kind of feedback? On one source or all sources? There is a known “crickets” feedback issue on Bluetooth and there is a software update for it. 

If it is a constant feedback issue like a old TV static issue, it could be a bad ground, bad wire harness connect or bad amp. We just had the main amp replaced in our 2020 because we would get a constant static that wouldn’t go away unless the stereo was turned off. Was good all weekend though. had the dealer diagnose after I checked things that I could, like the grounds and connections at the amps. 

I have this noise on BT setting.  Where can I get this update and how do I install it ?

ahopkins22LSV
4 hours ago, Reider said:

I have this noise on BT setting.  Where can I get this update and how do I install it ?

Your local dealer should have the update. Some are willing to mail a flash drive on it and walk you through how to do it.