Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 LSV Air Vent Cosmetic Repair

I dinged one of the SS air vents on the back corner of my 2013 LSV.  I was able to remove the SS frame and "mesh" and get it straightened out pretty well.  I need to secure the mesh back to the frame and them re-install on the boat.  I am in search of 2 products to finish this.  There is a hard brown epoxy like material that secures the mesh to the frame on the back side.  Is anyone familiar with what this is or will any epoxy do the trick?  There is also a grey adhesive tape - about 1/4" wide, that lines the frame and holds it in place (in addition to the SS screws).  Any idea what product this is or if re-installing without the adhesive will cause any problems?

I also need to secure the mesh on the other side, as it is loose in a few places, but I would prefer to not remove the entire frame if I can avoid it.  Has anyone done this and come up with any good ways to "pull" the mesh out after applying the adhesive?

Appreciate any help on this.

IMG_5716.jpg

IMG_5717.jpg

formulaben

This doesn't really answer your question, but my thought is it will probably happen again, so I'd be looking at a more permanent solution, as below.  Certainly someone you know can weld...trade a day on the lake and worry about something more important. ;)

Thanks - I though about replacing the entire piece with a custom cut piece that eliminated the mesh all together.  I think that it would be pretty easy to make something more robust, and still have plenty of airflow, from a single piece.  However, that is a bit longer term project than I am looking for, as I want to be back out on the water Friday