Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Beeping

I have a 2002 Malibu Sunsetter with a vortex motor. Boat starts beeping loud beep after about 45 min of driving. I changed impeller this morning, and thought that would fix it as old one was torn up. Pulled knee boarders for about an hour ran great went to fill up with fuel, and when I started boat it was beeping again. Any suggestions on what I might check, boat does not appear to be getting hotter temp stays at 160 if my thermostat is accurate.

transmission cooler is down-stream of the impeller that tossed it's pieces and parts.

those parts are plugging up the trans.cooler.

it's an easy fix.

Edited by tvano

And thank you for jumping in, the old impellor looked like it had lost one fun, other than that it looked pretty good

9 minutes ago, Spmunn said:

Do I just unhook the hoes and make sure there is nothing in there? I’m not the most mechanical guy, 

Yes. Once you unhook the hose there is a silver “filter” with bb sized holes in it. That’s where you will find the rest of the old impeller. Just pull them out and put the hose back on. Easy peasy 

Edited by BlindSquirrel

Thanks to hat screen was clogged with lake trash and abit of the old impellor, however boat is still beeping running good but beeping?? I think next thing I am going to look at is thermostat?? 

another question where does the boat pull water in from? Are there vents on the bottom? Our lake is pretty trashy maybe something is in there 

thanks for your help

Still beeping oil levels are good, can’t really tell if it’s getting water through it,Temp gauge  says 160 But from what I am reading online they are mainly 160 degree thermometer so could be its getting hot. Thought about changing thermostat.

where does the water come from that is being pulled through the impeller? Thinking maybe it’s clogged?

It may be a oil sender. There are 2,. one for gauge and other for computer. Be careful when removing as the brass may be soft and break. Good luck

The raw water inlet is through the hull.  You can trace the hose to it.  If your water is trashy you might want to consider installing a strainer. 

Pull the thermostat and back flush the block if you see crud at the thermostat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I plan on replacing the thermostat. Do you know anything about a reset for the oil change?? Does not appear hot, checked all lines and transmission cooler good.

2 hours ago, Spmunn said:

Thanks I plan on replacing the thermostat. Do you know anything about a reset for the oil change?? Does not appear hot, checked all lines and transmission cooler good.

No reset for oil change.

6 hours ago, Spmunn said:

Replace your oil pressure switch.  If your temps don’t above 160 your thermostat is good.