Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Soft grip cleaning advice

I’m sure there is already a thread on this but I can’t seem to find it.  I’m looking for advice on cleaning soft grip flooring, I have the tan color.

Actually there are several different brand names Malibu & Axis have used. Gator Step, Seadek and now Malibu is doing their own brand, they are all very close to the same thing but different colors.

2 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Just remember to brush with the grain, soft brush.

I haven't been particular picky on my brushes... basically a scrub brush with a handle like you can get from the dollar store?

244600.JPG

swab the deck matey!

On 5/25/2020 at 12:29 PM, Ronnie said:

We use Boat Bling's Vinyl Sauce (Group Buy going on now) but Seadek has it's own cleaner if you'd rather.

How to clean Seadek.

I cleaned it with hot sauce... oops! It is slick now. But it cleaned up well! 

On 5/30/2020 at 3:18 PM, 2020LSV23 said:

Ok pull the bilge drain plug under the floor hatch?

On 5/30/2020 at 3:55 PM, Ronnie said:

That’s the easiest to get to. 

And even the easy one is not easy on my 2018 LSV!:whistle:Malibu routing of hoses and wires could use a little more attention.

15 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

And even the easy one is not easy on my 2018 LSV!:whistle:Malibu routing of hoses and wires could use a little more attention.

Ha.. same on my 2019... they ran a rather stiff line right above the drain t-plug,.. right were you want your and to be so I have to grab it from the side.

18 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

2 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Ha.. same on my 2019... they ran a rather stiff line right above the drain t-plug,.. right were you want your and to be so I have to grab it from the side.

Same here, have to use just fingers reaching in and under sideways to twirl it in the hole until you get lucky to get threads started. I do it every week to drain and Vac out any water after the weekend. It gets easier with practice but shouldn't be that way. And to stay on topic, Gatorstep recommendation to me was Dawn dish washing liquid and water to clean it. Now next rant is about the restricted drain holes in the floor but I fixed that too.