Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop suggestions

MAXPOWERS1207

I dinged up my prop this weekend and need to replace it.   I have an 04 centurion cyclone with about 2800lbs of ballast.  Acme and other sites recommend 525.  However, I just looked, and have been running 911.  Would there be an issue with going down to 525 or should I stay at 911; or split the difference with 1231.

Any input would be appreciated. 

The only reason to switch if you are not happy with the old props  performance.  The other props will lower your rpm and come up slower.  So unless you want to ski mostly I’m not sure I would change numbers.   I have the 525 for skiing and would think it struggle hard to pull that kind of ballast.