Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Constant Alarm

2003 LSV Just go it back from the shop and after a few minutes on the water a constant alarm is coming from a round black buzzer under the dash. It is not very loud and all the gauges on the dash are fine. Any help is appreciated. It about 1.5" diameter and has two wires coming from it. The ground wire then connects to few other wires so it's not easy to trace them back. 

Any help is appreciated.

formulaben

Disconnect the oil pressure switch wire to the ECM and see if it stops.  If not, it's one of the others below, but my money is on the oil switch.

BEEP CODES — the 4 maintenance items that can trigger the beeper are:

• High engine water temperature (>203*)
  • Low oil pressure (<6 PSI)
  • High transmission temperature (>140?*)
  • A diagnostics trouble code

2r289lk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have the part numbers to those to sending units...? a cross reference guide would be even better. I really don't want to troubleshoot mine with $180 senders... (2004 23LSV for me with the Monsoon)

Side Note: Mine displays the oil pressure numerics in digital dash display where depth, temp, etc are when it beeps. Idk if that is an obvious indication toward the ecm oil pressure switch?

I just cleaned the contacts and made sure the cannon plug was clean and secure before going out this weekend. If the beep remains, I'd like to go ahead and get the parts from a local shop so I can swap and go. 

Thanks!

Edited by BCohen
formulaben

Yeah, sender has nothing to do with the beeping.  Take ECM pressure switch and go to your local auto parts store, tell them it's off a 1999 Chevy Suburban 350.  Should be a match.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:54 PM, formulaben said:

Yeah, sender has nothing to do with the beeping.  Take ECM pressure switch and go to your local auto parts store, tell them it's off a 1999 Chevy Suburban 350.  Should be a match.

That’s Gold! Thanks so much! @formulaben