Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vault Trailer Hubs Hybrid Grease —- anything else work ?

DylanR

Will anything else work like the vault hybrid grease if I can’t get the grease on hand quick. Just curious and how does the grease go in? I’m not at the trailer just trying to get a plan. Reinstalling a caliper and had to change the seal also. 

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.waymires.com/support_documents/ufp/ufp_vault_filling_instructions.pdf

I suppose any hub grease would/could work temporarily but when you can get your hands on Vault grease, you should swap it back when you can.  I would ask Boatmate on that because Hybrid Vault grease turns into oil as it heats up.  when the viscosity thins and turns into oil, it allows it to travel all the way back from outer bearing to inner bearing bathing the entire hub during travel.  I'm unsure if you use normal grease on these sealed hubs it will work as designed.  It should, but a quick call to boatmate asking if this could be a temporary resolution would be a great piece of mind while towing.