Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 TXi driver’s swivel

braindamage

I did this upgrade to my SSLXi and it was great.

i did the install this pm and am not sure I kike it. I feel too high. Below are pics.

i may remove the oem slider, remove the mounting channels and that will lower it back down substantially. I will have to play with it to find the ‘sweet spot’ where it swivels without rubbing on the armrest panel or motorbox.

unlike the SSLXi, I think I’ll only get 90deg, but that’s probably ok.

thoughts? 

2E74DF8F-F38E-4629-880A-D85C11BE6F2E.jpeg

69EEB611-0F91-41C3-9400-0E57A2130362.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Guess it depends on how tall you are.

Yeah... I’m short, and I generally like being higher while driving. The issue is more about how much tilt I get from the steering wheel and the lack of ability to see the gauges.

ahopkins22LSV

The TXi windshield is pretty tall. I did like how I could pretty easily be behind it for early morning ski sets. I don’t think I’d loose the slide back and forth though. Always wanted a swivel in mine though!

Taking the old slider off. 90 minutes finding and removing 14 relatively random placed screws +2 lag bolts. Whew!

i won’t lose the fore/aft slide as the swivel also has a slide. I will play with it and see if I can find the “sweet spot and then permanently Mount it.

275B1AD9-A43C-4B39-91EC-A8CE42842E57.jpeg

Edited by braindamage