Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar Ecm time up

1 hour ago, BoatFlyRide said:

That’s gonna be a bad time for all involved.

I agree.  I guess the procedure includes, "keep leaning the mixture until you burn a piston, then add one quarter turn richer."

Peak hp probably only sees increased at top rpm which means you have to go with less prop in order to hit rpm. This is a boat with lots of drag at higher speeds. Can easily increase torque anyway by going lower prop pitch. You don’t hardly gain any fuel economy and to hit best hp you have to be at max rob burning gobs of fuel. May be fine for a racer but not for a tow boat is what I say. Also realized the hidden message. Works with other non fuel mods like intake, exhaust, etc. if you actually expect to get the max improvement of 17% then those other non fuel mods will have to be in place, much like a race boat would already have. Marketing. You would be better off selling the engine and buying and installing a bigger already setup engine vs trying to tweak the existing components and engine with this device. 

Edited by williemon