Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Mode Shapers

Dwszola

Saw this ad pop up on Facebook....The claim is use half the ballast while creating a longer wake. The idea looks to use two gates on one side for more convergence. Has anyone seen this in use? 

https://www.surf-mode.com/

There’s a video on The Facebook page that has their kid surfing behind a wave runner using this product. Obviously I don’t think an adult could surf behind a jet ski but this is interesting to say the least. https://m.facebook.com/SurfModeSystem/

Edited by Dwszola

I don't  trust this guy at all.  He spams all of the wakesurf groups on facebook and The only good posts about his "magical device" get copied and pasted into all of the wakesurf facebook groups in a way thats obvious buyers are given a discount if they post positive reviews.  I called one of them out once and it turned out it was his buddy. 

Its just two suck gates.  He claims its creating down force to reduce ballast but down force on the wrong side of the boat would just require more ballast on the other side.  The website is laughable as he gives very specific metrics that could never actually be calculated and are just made up.  I.e. claims wave is 30% wider and 60%  longer with less ballast.  

Placement of the second suck gate is mid hull and sounds like it needs to be put on while in the water....that sounds fun...

1 hour ago, Zippymbr said:

$599 NO WAY!  What a rip off.  The industry standard Mission Delta works great and is $200 less.  

To be fair its two shapers, but they have a very DIY fit and finish. 

Still overpriced but not outrageously overpriced.