Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat/PWC Combo Trailer

808jaymakoa

Does anyone have a boat/PWC combo trailer? Right now I tow my Response and SeaDoo separately. I tow the boat and my wife normally follows me with the SeaDoo. It’s kind of a pain in the a** to take two cars every time we go out but doable since we only go to two different lakes that are both within an hours drive. Now that our 3 boys are older (9,6,&3 years old) we have decided to buy a bigger boat (probably a one or two year old 23 LSV) due to space (zero space in the Response) and the want to surf. We also want to travel more with the boat which will probably include a lot of trips to Austin and Dallas areas with the occasional longer distance trips that are 15-20+ hours away.

Looking online, I only see one company that makes them. Does anyone have any recommendations on other companies? Any issues or things to be aware of with combo trailers? 

Is double towing legal in Texas? If so I would look into adding a hitch to the back of the boat to attach the PWC trailer.

Biggest downside to a custom double trailer would be resale as you would probably either need to get lucky and find someone who wants the same thing. Probably going to not going to get anymore in resale than you would with a stock trailer.

Found this thread for 10 years ago with on the same topic https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/27036-towing-jet-ski-behind-boat-trailer/

2 hours ago, tbullard said:

Is double towing legal in Texas? If so I would look into adding a hitch to the back of the boat to attach the PWC trailer.

Biggest downside to a custom double trailer would be resale as you would probably either need to get lucky and find someone who wants the same thing. Probably going to not going to get anymore in resale than you would with a stock trailer.

Found this thread for 10 years ago with on the same topic https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/27036-towing-jet-ski-behind-boat-trailer/

I’ll look into double towing. For some reason I didn’t think about that. I’ve actually never ever seen anyone do that with a boat and PWC. 

The old thread you sent has a link to the same company I found. I talked with them and they didn’t seem very interested in building me one. They said they wouldn’t build me one unless I waited till November or December. I also needed to bring the boat to California and leave it with them for as long as it took them to build the trailer but they couldn’t give me a time on how long it would take to build. Cost would be $13,000 which actual seems pretty reasonable. 

How does everyone else take boat and PWC when traveling? Two cars? Or just leave the PWC? 

12 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Sell the seadoo?

Actually just sold it but I’ll be getting another one when the season is over. 

I personally enjoy the SeaDoo as much as the boat. 

8 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Get a pickup with an 8ft bed and put the jetski in there?

custpic2.thumb.jpg.624f6fedf6a03234bf0fff546c850f07.jpg

I was coming back from Grand Rapids with my boat last weekend.  I saw a guy on 196 pulling a travel trailer and two 4 wheelers in the bed of his truck.  The 4 wheelers were actually side by side going the length of the truck bed.

I talked to another company (Bear Trailers) today and they said that building a v drive combo trailer is a engineering nightmare. The sales guy said they would maybe do it but they would only work on it in their spare time. 

Credits to @mainekneeboarder for this, but if he can do this, someone should be able to fab you up a custom trailer for the boat and a couple wave runners.

6565.thumb.jpeg.04691d6a275bb92fa2a5f49b89f79c60.jpeg6633.thumb.jpeg.7c9615dfc05c1545c00675e475777c34.jpeg6561.thumb.jpeg.689cd948d91adc2ff543d40f258ba5f0.jpeg6560.thumb.jpeg.ee8d26f3f3f1c7add4ab8b42896811c5.jpeg

he built a custom trailer for the boat to be able to load into the 5th wheel.

• Like 3

Double trailer, but the hitch for the seadoo will need to be detachable in some way to launch the boat.  hitch height would interfere with the prop for sure.