Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

random toggle switch

djmodifyd

I have a new to me 2009 23lsv.

I'm the 3rd owner, 2nd owner doesn't know either, but only owned for a few months and had to move and sell.  No idea who the first owner is.

I know this probably an impossible question, but I figured I'd ask.  There is an obviously aftermarket on/off toggle switch with a blue LED that turns on under the dash.  I can trace the ground wire, and the power wire that goes to the circuit breaker panel.  I can't tell which one its tapped into, but it looks like heated seat or heater circuit.  I can see the 3rd wire headed towards the stern and that's when I lose it.  Without ripping apart the whole starboard side of the boat...I can't figure out what the heck it goes to. 

It does have an aftermarket westbound stereo with Kenwood headunit.  No shower, and it doesn't seem to turn any lights on or off.  I thought MAYBE aftermarket heated seat, but I don't see any wires going to the seat unless they are crazy well hidden.  

What are your best guesses as to what it possibly could be?  I'm new to wake boats so I'm not even sure what common aftermarket things would be that would require a switch like this.

Thanks!

Edited by djmodifyd
50 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Maybe a hidden (not well) kill switch?

I've flipped it while under way and didn't see anything happen?

A couple of other thoughts.  Kill switch for the stern light? Or maybe the guy had a drainplug LED underwater light?  Gotta love shadetree (bimini?) mechanics and their McGuyver  contraptions. :)

got a picture you can post?  My thought with it going toward the stern would be maybe an aftermarket ballast pump or something like that.

49 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

A couple of other thoughts.  Kill switch for the stern light? Or maybe the guy had a drainplug LED underwater light?  Gotta love shadetree (bimini?) mechanics and their McGuyver  contraptions. :)

good thought on the drainplug light - wonder what the drain plug in back looks like.

I think that year came with a Turbo, which that might be the turbo switch.

jk

sounds like Hot Water Shower Circ pump or Underwater LED light

thanks for all the ideas.  I don't have a shower...that I know of, or a heater...that I know of.  Don't see any knobs or anything towards the stern or heater vent things

I can try to post a picture later.  There is a led strip under the swim platform, but it turns on with the interior lights MUX switch.

Edited by djmodifyd
3 hours ago, justgary said:

I can't help with the wire, but you should tighten the screws in both the exhaust flappers.  You are about to lose them.

thanks, I'll take a look

Maybe the previous owner added a 2nd bilge pump? I only suggest this because I'm about to do the same thing and plan on wiring it to a separate switch. I did buy an illuminated rocker switch labeled "Mid Bilge" though to avoid similar confusion in the future. 

Edited by statefan