Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Changing raptor engine coolant

Can anybody share if they have changed the coolant from the raptor 410. I have a 2016 lsv and based off the manual I should be changing the coolant. Is there one or more than one drain plugs?  Where are the locations?  What location is used to refill the system?  

Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread. Trying to decide changing myself versus paying our dealer to do it. Not sure if it’s worth the possibly hassle changing myself and can’t really find an easy tutorial on doing it. 
Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. 

Draining the coolant isn't that hard, except for catching and disposing of almost 4 gallons of coolant.  The coolant is drained by removing the cap from the high fill container and then removing the lower hose on the heat exchanger.  The odeker clamp can be replaced with a more common screw clamp when installing the hose.

It is very difficult to completely fill the cooling system without the use of a vacuum fill system and a large air compressor.  Air Lift makes a good coolant vacuum fill device, just follow the included filling instructions.

https://www.amazon.com/UView-550000-Airlift-Cooling-Checker/dp/B0002SRH5G

• Like 1

Where are people buying proper marine proplyene glycol coolant?

Struggling to find anything other than the $5 RV antifreeze locally.

Would love to buy at walmart or in 5gal.  Checking walmart today for Lowtox.  

• 2 years later...
On 9/12/2021 at 4:25 PM, csleaver said:

Draining the coolant isn't that hard, except for catching and disposing of almost 4 gallons of coolant.  The coolant is drained by removing the cap from the high fill container and then removing the lower hose on the heat exchanger.  The odeker clamp can be replaced with a more common screw clamp when installing the hose.

It is very difficult to completely fill the cooling system without the use of a vacuum fill system and a large air compressor.  Air Lift makes a good coolant vacuum fill device, just follow the included filling instructions.

https://www.amazon.com/UView-550000-Airlift-Cooling-Checker/dp/B0002SRH5G

Howdy csleaver! Hey, does this tool help with DRAINING the fluid, or only FILLING? Or, are you saying that pulling the lower hose will empty the ENTIRE system of coolant? I have some contaminants in there and I want to make sure I drain everything out. Thanks!

The AirLift tool is only used for filling the cooling system by creating a vacuum and drawing in the coolant.  Gravity will drain the system, but fresh water can also be added to flush it out.  Don't forget to flush the cabin heater and lines, if you have one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Trying to also get some more information on this... cant seem to find any videos online of anyone actually doing this.

I am well over the recommended coolant replacement on my 2017 Raptor 410, I have a coolant air extractor I use for automotive use.  How well does this work on the Raptor?  It works great for automotive use, actually compresses all the radiator hoses pancake thin removing all the coolant.  Assuming you would just extract all the coolant out of the coolant reservoir overflow tank at the top of the engine similar to automotive radiator?  How many gallons does the Raptor hold?

This is the coolant tool I use which I "think" would work well for the Raptor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DFCZM56/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is anyone using this coolant for replacement?

https://www.amazon.com/Sep003-Sierra®-Antifreeze-coolant-Gallon/dp/B000CCM5JA/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1PO8TITLCJ3Y8&keywords=Marine+coolant&qid=1704215795&sprefix=marine+coolant%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-10

Thanks for any info :)

• 3 weeks later...