Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

If you have two batteries....

Which setting to you use on a regular basis.  1, 2 or 1 and 2.  I hear different things.  I did read the manual.  If you only usually use one battery...do you switch it up to keep things topped off?

Been a Malibu Owner since 1997 and gone through 10+ boats with massive stereos. I always run on 1 & 2, get 5+ years out of my batteries with a batter tender. Never had a problem.

And just so I am sure..it only charges the battery(s) selected right?  I wonder why the manual doesn’t say 1&2?  My dealer said to do 1&2.  Seems to make more sense unless we alternate.

4 hours ago, roonedoggie said:

Been a Malibu Owner since 1997 and gone through 10+ boats with massive stereos. I always run on 1 & 2, get 5+ years out of my batteries with a batter tender. Never had a problem.

We don’t have a battery tender yet...but we have to store in a storage yard...so I don’t think we will have a good way to power a battery tender.

Is there a safe way to jump a 2019 23 LSV if we ever need it?  I meant to ask the dealer when I was there and forgot.

9 hours ago, Learn2surf said:

Is there a safe way to jump a 2019 23 LSV if we ever need it?  I meant to ask the dealer when I was there and forgot.

Jump it from itself?

Install battery option 3. Easy to do.

Takes the questioning and guesswork out of it. Charges each one while running as they need, giving priority to the starting battery.

2 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Install battery option 3. Easy to do.

Takes the questioning and guesswork out of it. Charges each one while running as they need, giving priority to the starting battery.

I still don't understand why dealers don't push this option or at least bring it up during the order process. Like most options from Malibu, it's a bit overpriced but so nice to have on the boat. I had to "jump off" a boat yesterday that sat in the cove all day playing his stereo without switching his batteries. That wouldn't of happened with Battery Option 3.

• Like 2