Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sunsetter Winshield Gasket

Recently pulled the windshield to replace speakers.  Any lead on new gasket material covering the screws?

Also, how do I post a picture for everyone to see?

48 minutes ago, Setter99 said:

Recently pulled the windshield to replace speakers.  Any lead on new gasket material covering the screws?

Also, how do I post a picture for everyone to see?

You can become a paying member to help support and post directly or you can link photos that are stored online elsewhere like google or something else

pictures are a big deal, love to see pictures 

Edited by Bozboat
  • Like 1

Has anyone attempted a windshield frame disassembly to have the aluminum powder coated?  If so, any advice...

This just in from Taylor Made...”no longer available”.  Why make a boat that lasts 20+ years but stop making parts?

24 minutes ago, Setter99 said:

This just in from Taylor Made...”no longer available”.  Why make a boat that lasts 20+ years but stop making parts?

That's a common frustration for long term boat owners.

Take some measurements of your gasket molding and check out the offerings here for possible substitute. https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=13&q=taylor+made

• 1 month later...

Finally got in touch with Taylor Made and got the needed gaskets (minus the screw cover, NLA).  All back together, pain in the A$$, but worth it.

FFE9D1BE-2A19-4794-9729-C0B73DD040BC.jpeg

6F2567D5-B731-402E-8678-54E174933E2E.jpeg

C1E3E0A4-B0C0-4994-A918-6B280FBDCED3.jpeg

That's a great job, and the boat looks fantastic!  Keeping a boat indoors is definitely a good thing.  My '99 was apparently kept on a lift for part of its life, so it has some gel fading that I have never polished out.

My son works on the north side of Gainesville not too far from you.  I may look you up when we go visit them.  He is talking about getting a boat, but doesn't really know the local lakes that well.  Which are your favorites?

None of them 😂.  The Suwannee River is my go to.  Can get there in about 25 minutes.  Water stays flat almost 100% of the time because the bends in the river break the wind avoiding chop.  We also trailer it to Lake Lure every summer.  Currently here now.

A6D00793-86BF-4FDF-909D-850BF667CDD1.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Setter99 said:

None of them 😂.  The Suwannee River is my go to.  Can get there in about 25 minutes.  Water stays flat almost 100% of the time because the bends in the river break the wind avoiding chop.  We also trailer it to Lake Lure every summer.  Currently here now.

A6D00793-86BF-4FDF-909D-850BF667CDD1.jpeg

Suwanee makes sense.  I'm just glad that you didn't say the Santa Fe.

Great photo.  It really shows the rolling hills of central Florida!  :whistle: