Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Amp/sub help please

Caballojtm

Need a little help, installed Rockford amp/sub this winter. Had my sub dialed in and sounding great with boat off. Finally got on the water and holy crap! Super loud with boat on. Wired amp direct to battery. 2019 Axis A20, 2 batteries. Should I have wired to the switch instead? Do I need a capacitor? If I dial it all the way down when boat is running on the head unit, it’s too quiet with boat off in accessory. Any wiring advice so I don’t have to adjust it every time I turn the boat on/off?

Are you talking about engine noise from a ground loop? Popping noise surge when starting the boat ?

how is your head unit wired? It should be wired to the same location your amps are for + and - . 

If they are wired to separate distribution blocks for + and - I bet that’s where you have a ground loop and noise is getting into your system 

Edited by Stevo

Got a little help from Facebook, sound like it might be “Auto Volume” in “Settings” on the boat’s LCD rathe than the head unit